Web Content Writer
The Web Content Writer develops a wide range of materials for websites and web-based applications. He or she works with technical subject matter, including end user training materials and system documentation. The Web Content Writer will also develop marketing copy across a variety of media, and may contribute to other technical materials related to software development, project management, and contract management.
The Web Content Writer will fill a full-time position mainly between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, and will work primarily out of our corporate office in Bethesda, Maryland. Minimal travel to client sites is expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Write and edit user guides and system documentation for web-based applications.
- Write and edit website copy, marketing copy, and other technical materials as assigned.
- Prepare weekly status reports for federal information technology projects.
- Support the technical team on regular client calls and onsite status meetings.
- Maintain web-based system documentation according to the application development release cycle.
- Collaborate with team members and federal government clients on acquisition system updates.
- Collaborate with team members on website content and web application changes.
- Maintain end user training materials to ensure they stay current with federal government systems.
- Analyze business processes in order to develop accurate user guide materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in a writing-focused program
- At least 3 years of professional work experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience with web-based technologies
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfort and polish working in a client-facing role
- Hands-on experience with web content management systems (e.g. Drupal, Wordpress)
- Hands-on experience with photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Snagit)
- Familiarity documenting business processes and step-by-step technical directions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and tools
- (desired) Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- (desired) Experience working on an Agile development team
- (desired) Working knowledge of federal acquisition processes
Ready to join the team?
Elucid is dedicated to cultivating an atmosphere of growth and proficiency for our employees. We value team members with curiousity and a desire to take ownership overtheir work. At Elucid we hire the best and brightest and empower them to make an impact for our clients.
Learn more about Elucid’s benefits package for our employees.